I don’t know how many times I’ve said this in the past two weeks but I love autumnal shades. I was recently applying my favourite plum lipstick and thought admirably about my collection of A/W shades. I have recently become slightly obsessed with swatching makeup, theres something so satisfying about seeing all the colours lined up all neat and pretty.
I tend to wear nude shades all year round, I’m not much of a bright summer girl and so I usually keep it simple. As autumn approaches I tend to find myself steering towards more dusky pinks and plums with the occasional red lip if I’m going out somewhere extra special. I always go for matte lipsticks, I just find they look best on me and I don’t really like sheens or glosses on my lip shape.
LIPSTICKS LEFT TO RIGHT
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick | 07 Nude-ist | £8.99
- Primark Matte Long Lasting Lipstick | No Shade! | £1.50
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick | 08 Grand Cru | £8.99
- Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick | Invasion | £10.50
- MUA Lipstick | Shade 11 | £1
- MAC Matte Lipstick | Diva | £15.50
- Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream | Angel Delight | £2.99
- NYX Lip Lingerie | 01 Corset | £6.50
I absolutely love both the NYX Lip Lingerie and the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick – both are amazing and they last for hours without budging. I love how quickly they dry and the definition you can achieve with them is unbeatable. Surprisingly, the Primark Matte Long Lasting Lipstick is one of my favourites and I find myself grabbing it most days, it’s a lovely shade and it’s so affordable!
Let me know if you have a favourite autumn shade, I am always on the look out to add to my collection!